From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and Tag Viewer Permissions

I recently updated an existing SystemLink server to 2020 R3 and have been having some permissions issues with the File Viewer and Tag Viewer. Under security options, I configured my user to have all permissions available for the file viewer. However, under the file viewer, I am unable to upload new files (the option is greyed out). Similarly none of the tag viewer options are available when a tag is selected.

I also logged in as the admin user and did not have access to those features either. Is there something that could be disabling those options? The security options seem to be working properly for all of the other modules.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,642 Views)

Hi ryanyu, 

Thank you for escalating this questions. If you have not already, please ensure the user you are logging in as has the correct mappings to give them the role you have setup. A user with the Server Administrator role can view this in the Users tab of the security application. Please also be aware there is a ~2 minute settling time for changes to role to be reflected to the end user. Assuming everything has been setup correctly and settled, I want to check the authentication settings you are receiving from SystemLink. 

1. Log into SystemLink
  2. Enable and open the browser's developers tools and go to the network tab
  3. Refresh the page
  4. Select the network request labeled auth
  5. Copy and paste the auth response (see image)

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 11.55.08 AM.png

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,588 Views)

Thanks for looking into this Mark. I am still having the same issue so I think the settling time is ruled out, but that is good information to know!

Please see attached for the auth response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,571 Views)

Thanks Ryan, 

According to what I am seeing here you shouldn't be running into this issue. So it's not just something that is incorrectly configured. Do you see this behavior in the File Web UI exclusively or are you seeing similar behavior in other applications? Can you share with me the version of the File WebUI installed on your system. You can get this from the Installed tab in NI Package Manager.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 2.10.21 PM.png

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,545 Views)