SystemLink

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed failed to update

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a new feed (first one on this server with latest EAR) and uploaded a package. I went to my Systems Manager, chose a system, went to SW, then feeds, and added the newly created feed. I get an warning message "One or more feed failed to update. Packages available from these feeds will not be shown". The feed is for x64 windows and the target is a PC. I tried deleting and recreating feed and adding it to system, no luck.

Ideas on warning?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,312 Views)

If you expand the details on the errror dialog, which feed failed to update?  Yours or the NI or nick danger ones?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,302 Views)

It failed the feed I added.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,299 Views)

One other thing to note, the server is on two networks. I don't see how this would affect the loading of the feed that resides on that server, but it's a possible piece to the puzzle. The target device is on the secondary network. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,296 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wrkcrw00

Problem solved. Thanks Josh P for suggesting what to look for (outside of this post). To complete the thread though, the issue I had was with the security certificate I generated to use https. I generated a self-signed cert using the NI Web Server Configuration tool. My original cert only included the DNS name of my server and NOT the IP I used on my secondary network. I regenerated and installed the cert with the the DNS name and secondary IP and problem solved.

On the NI Web Server, expand "Generate a new certificate" and make sure all domain names and IP's are represented there before generating the cert and installing it. 

image.png

Message 5 of 8
(1,271 Views)

I am trying to push a feed package in remote device(my rio)

but following error occur:

One or more feeds failed to update.
Packages available from these feeds will not be shown.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(373 Views)

Is "test" a valid feed on your SystemLink Server hosted from the Package Repository?  If you renamed or removed the feed you will need to remove it from the target and possibly re-add it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(368 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks JoshuaP: how I know whether it is valid or not?

I have not renamed or delete it from package repositry

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(98 Views)