From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1448 originating in "NI Skyline Tag.lvclass:Close Tag (Multiple).vi"

Hi,

I encountered some weird close behavior with the SkyLine Tag API.

Error 1448 shouldn't originate in a close method. This error is caused by supplying a parent class to the wire, this causes the sort method to output an error, which should have been discarded inside the close methods instead of being propagated.

To More Specific Class in NI Skyline Tag.lvclass:Sort By Configuration.vi:6720001->NI Skyline Tag.lvclass:Close Tag (Multiple).vi:4260001->Jade Alarm.lvclass:close.vi->Jade Tag.lvclass:close.vi->SystemLink Interface.lvclass:close tags.vi->SystemLink Interface.lvclass:re-init tags.vi->dlg.Configuration.vi->Main.vi

Thanks

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,678 Views)

That emoticon got in there by accident 😞

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,653 Views)

Does this always happen, or does this only happen in your code calling the tag close? I want to see if we can reproduce this. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,644 Views)

I'll upload an example tomorrow. 

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,640 Views)

Hi Mark,

The attached snippet (LV2016) shows an error for 2 of the 3 Skyline tag types (result image).

In my opinion the close method should never return an internal error, only propagate the error in, which should be ignored by the close method (which seems to be implemented correctly).

I would love to hear a rationale that advocates the opposite, there could be a good reason why the close wants to output an error on default object values.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,627 Views)