SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying WebVI on NI Web Server using SystemLink Tags and Messages

I have built a WebVI to configure and view data from a remote cRIO. It is  working really well, now I am trying to deploy the webserver and WebVI package. I have built a package installer that includes the NI Web Server which allows me to host the WebVI fine, but I can't seem to get the SystemLink Tags and message functionality to install.

No applications are installed as per the screenshot, checking the systemlink server configuration (screenshot below) it seems there are some tag services running but not the messages service.

I have tried to manually add many different additional packages as dependencies short of installing the full systemlink to allow NI Webserver to host systemlink messages and tags without success.

Attached is a package manager report with installed software. Can someone help with which packages need to be included to host a webvi and systemlink tags and messages.

KarinaTaylor_0-1608227543082.png

KarinaTaylor_1-1608227605286.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,691 Views)

Hi Karina,

From the attached NIPM package list, it looks like you have the web UI and service packages for the tag service installed, but not the package for the message service.

You already have these packages which provide the tag service: ni-skyline-tag-webservice and ni-skyline-tag-webui

You'll want to install this package as well: ni-skyline-message-service

Can I ask why you'd like to install only these specific services rather than SystemLink Server?

Thanks,

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,659 Views)

Hi Karina,

An alternative would be to host the webVI in the cRIO itself. Specially if it's mainly for confguration and debugging.

The built-in application webserver is capable of hosting the webVI. (See https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Web-Technology-Lead-User/Hosting-WebVI-on-cRIO-following-KB-article/td-p... for links and info).

Security is another issue though. Our solution only had to run within a local network and no access over the internet (except through the company VPN).

We successfully implemented a remote panel replacement with a webVI for a customer that needed to eliminate the Silverlight dependency (had Linux clients only).

Your solution path should also work as I read in earlier threads (just can't find them now). 

Hope it helps and doesn't confuse you more.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,610 Views)