cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupling of SystemLink Server with SystemLink Cloud

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Are there already plans for a coupling between the server and the cloud environment?

What I would like is a way to add a sort of trust relation between the cloud and the server environments, so that dashboard/webVIs hosted in the cloud can directly access tags hosted in the server or vice versa.

This would allow serving of public dashboard and webVIs in the cloud without having to open up the internal server to the internet (if the internal server is configured to synch/connect towards the cloud). This would keep all data inside the company, but still allow to public dashboard without opening up an internal server to the web.

At this moment I need to supply credentials in my webVI to able to access SystemLink server hosted tag data, which is not a best practise as described in Rita's security white paper.

Dashboards don't even seem to have the capability to connect to tags hosted elsewhere.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Hi Andre, 

We are currently working on a feature where you select tags on your SystemLink Server to be "forwarded" to SystemLink Cloud. This will create tags in your SystemLink Cloud account that will have the same value and meta data as the selected tags on SystemLink Server. This should fulfill the use case you are describing. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
Message 2 of 3
(2,924 Views)

Super.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,917 Views)