SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider providing a property to set the HTTP time out value

Hi,

I would like to request adding a property to the Skyline API that allows us to set the HTTP time out value, which is currently unwired and 10 seconds by default. Typically I would set this value to less than 1 second, since most network (including internet) connections are quite fast and would respond accordingly. In these cases it is safe to assume that if a connection is not made within 1 second or even 300 ms I can consider the server as unresponsive and try again later.

Please advise.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,451 Views)

Hi again André.

Another great Idea. 

And again the Idea Exchange would be a great place to post this. 

Cheers 

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
Message 2 of 5
(2,430 Views)

Please don't try to be smart please.

This is as far as I know the best place for SystemLink feedback as it is monitored by R&D.

Posting ideas in random idea exchanges is not a good idea imho. The idea exchange should have a mark for SystemLink, so it is clear that it is monitored by the right team.

The other NI software exchange has no labels for NI Package Manager and SystemLink which makes tracking of ideas tedious or trying to find related ideas tedious.

I will send a email to the SystemLink product manager asking if they can add those labels.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,425 Views)

Hi Andreas,

I've had a response and they agree with you that the Idea Exchange is probably considered best practice, but since SystemLink is a new product they support posting all feedback, input and suggestions to this forum as well.

For me it's important that idea's and suggestions can be labeled properly in the Idea Exchange otherwise they get lost in the bulk.

Anyway thank you for your support of my idea.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,397 Views)

Did you create a post on the Idea Exchange? I could not find one. I'd like to support this idea for the opposite reason: large file downloads or downloads on slow connections time out too early for me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,992 Views)