SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug?] SystemLink 19.5 Dashboard Tiles: Strange number formatting

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm displaying some tags in a Dashboard tile (see below). It's meant to show 4.67 kV and 74.9 mA.

systemlink-tile-sig-fig-issue.png

Issues with the "RMS Current A" tile:

1. There are far too many digits, thus the font is too small.
  2. "Centi-amp" is a very uncommon unit.

How do I tell the Dashboard to stick to only units that are multiples of 10^3? (milli-, kilo-, mega-... but not centi-) And how do I limit the number of digits shown on a tile?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hi JKSH, 

Thank you for bringing these issues to your attention. Per the first problem of numbers formatting incorrectly and being too small, this is a bug that we've identified and fixed in our upcoming 19.6 release. This release of SystemLink will be available later this month. 

Per the second problem of centi not being a common unit. I agree. I've escalated this issue to see if there is a better way we can handle this formatting to ensure the metric prefixes we use are only those available in powers of 3. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
Message 2 of 4
(2,398 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hi JKSH, 

I'm happy to report that we will no longer support the centi metric prefix. Unfortunately this change is too late breaking to be included in our imminent 19.6 release, but since SystemLink releases quarterly this will be available early next year. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
Message 3 of 4
(2,349 Views)

That's great news, Mark! Thank you for your helpful responses. I look forward to seeing the improvements in the upcoming releases.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,337 Views)