SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic configuration of SystemLink client in TestStand deployment?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I would like to make a complete installation of a TestStand deployment including the SystemLink Client on a freshly installed Windows 10 PC. With the new option in TestStand 2019 to make a package installer including all packages (also SystemLink Client), the installation part is easy enough.

But what I would like to know is if there is a way to have the SystemLink Client set it self up to connect to a predefined server?
In this way it would show up under "Pending Systems" in the SystemLink server right after the reboot, and it would be good to go as soon at I have approved it on the server.

Best regards
Jens Christian Andersen.
CLA, CTA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,575 Views)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/SystemLink/bootstrap-new-system-systemlink-client-bring-up/td-p/3804866

Did you read through this post? With a few batch files it seems doable.

Message 2 of 5
(2,552 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author J.C._Andersen

If you plan to handle it at install time the easiest thing to do is include C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\salt\conf\minion.d\master.conf from a configured system in your package you plan to deploy.  When the system reboots after the install it will automatically try to connect to the server contained in that file.

Note you will still need to approve the target on the master before it can successfully connect and start publishing data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,546 Views)

No I did not, thank you pointing me to that. I looks like I can use at least some of it.

Thank you Ryan.

Best regards
Jens Christian Andersen.
CLA, CTA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,538 Views)

Yes, I think that would be an acceptable solution.

Thanks JoshuaP.

Best regards
Jens Christian Andersen.
CLA, CTA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,534 Views)