SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Property Step ability to overwrite

I've been trying to use the "Add Property" step that can get installed with TestStand for use to SystemLink. My main goal is to be able to Overwrite the "Serial Number" and "Test Program" portions of the Test data.

I'm trying to do this because in the tests we are running we use a default "Client" file that calls the actual Test Program in the MainSequence dynamically. Right now all of our tests just have the same Test Program even though they are different. I tried to just create a new property "Test_Type" with the test we run as the value, but that doesn't appear anywhere either.

In another case we run a batch of products, and instead of manually entering each ones serial number, we run a program with 24 sockets and the serial numbers get read from the UUT if they are present. By the time we get the SerialNumber, it's too late for when the SystemLink plugin needs them, and I can't find a way to overwrite SerialNumbers with the new value. This leaves us with just lists of empty SerialNumbers.

So is there a way to overwrite the existing properties for tests?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,835 Views)