SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Jobs Page Unusable

I'm seeing major lagging when I go to the Active Jobs tab.  It takes several seconds to select any given row and even then I can't actually do anything with the row.  There is also some weird behavior where if I select all the job entries and click clear,  it doesn't actually clear anything and just removes any filter I had selected.  Any help debugging this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,022 Views)

How many active and total jobs do you have?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,997 Views)

8922 Succeeded Jobs.  93 Failed Jobs.  0 Active jobs.

Looking more closely, it looks like there is one Windows machine that system link is refreshing devices on every few seconds.  The VAST majority of those 8922 jobs are refreshes on that one machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,991 Views)

What is different about this one computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,977 Views)

As far as I know there isn't anything special about it.  Its a Windows machine with the same hardware we have on every other machine on our production floor.   I removed it from SystemLink, but I still can't manipulate the jobs page. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,970 Views)

The problem is certainly related to the 8k jobs in the history. It only keeps the last 30 days of history and currently is expecting less than 1k jobs. 

Once you have the offending ding system removed you should be able to delete them but you may have to do it 100 at a time or so to get it down to a reasonable amount. You could also use a tool like Robo3T to drop the history collection in Mongo to remove everything. 

As for the system that continuously refreshes. What version of the SystemLink Client and DAQmx is installed. I recall that an older version of DAQmx had a bug such that it would fire a change event every time we refreshed its properties, which would lead to issues like this. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,958 Views)

Thanks Josh. After removing the offending system, I'm down to ~400 jobs.  I still have the issue where I select a job line and the "Clear" button doesn't unghost.  Here is a screenshot:

SC.PNG

The mongodb tool would be problematic to use.  This server is hosted on a remote IT server, which I don't have access to.  Do I have any other options?

I'll also take a look at the station that was updating every couple seconds.  I suspect you are right about it having an older version of DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,953 Views)

Also I just realized that the clear is for clearing the filter.  So I guess that adds the question, "Is there a way to delete a job record"?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,933 Views)