From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebVI hosted on SystemLink Cloud cannot use SystemLink Messages without API key

I am facing the issue that when I host a WebVI on SystemLink Cloud, I get error -251042 when I try to create a message session with the server with the SystemLink API when I feed in a configuration where I don't enter credentials (since the WebVI is hosted on SystemLink Cloud). I don't get this error when instead of sending and receiving messages, I try to read or write tags. The Call SystemLink Data Services example (https://ni.github.io/webvi-examples/CallSystemLinkDataServices/) gives the same problem when deployed on SystemLink Cloud. Tags work just fine, but trying to send or receive messages fails.

The error disappears when I do enter an API key to open the configuration.

My question is if this is expected behavior? My understanding was that I did not have to supply an API key to a WebVI hosted on SystemLink Cloud. I also wonder why I don't have this issue with the tags and only when trying to use messages.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,039 Views)