From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

struggling calling skyline related assemblies

Hi,

I installes SystemLink Server and SystemLink Client on my Windows 7 64 bit machine.

Now I'm struggling exeuting the EAR examples (e.g.SimpleTagManager.lvproj)  of Systemlink on LV

All examples are not able to load the related Skyline assembly like:

• niskyline_tag.dll
  • niskyline_file.dll

I am curious if the assemblies are correctly installed or if there are some issues related to NI Package manager, where the systemlink client package was installed.

I appreciate any help

Kind regards,

Rupert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,037 Views)

Hi Rupert,

It sounds like something didn't get installed correctly. Have you tried just removing the SystemLink Client software from NI Package Manager and reinstalling it? When installing the SystemLink Client software, make sure that support for your LabVIEW version is selected as a component to install. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,932 Views)

I have had the same problem.  I have tried the following:

Uninstalled and reinstalled

Uninstalled and installed previous version

Uninstalled Package Manager and installed previous version

Uninstalled and reinstalled

I have concluded that Skyline API is not getting installed.  I have looked for the library and it is not there and the example projects are no were to be found.  I tried to install dependencies under Package manager, but they do not show up as an option under Systemlink Client.  

Is there an exe instead of going through packet manager?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,617 Views)

You need to be very careful when uninstalling and reinstalling things with NI Package Manager.  If it tells you to reboot you REALLY should before doing something else.

Did you by any chance uninstall it, ignore the reboot and then install the new version?

On Windows if a file is locked because it is in use for any reason, the uninstallation just marks the file for deletion after the next reboot.  If you then ignore the reboot and proceed to install a different version, you can then run into a situation where when your final reboot removes your newly installed files.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,612 Views)

I appreciate the input, but I am pretty sure I rebooted every time I was asked to.  If something did get glitched up, how do I fix it.  I am still confused why the Skyline components do not show up under Systemlink Client dependencies.  If they were there, I could just add them. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,605 Views)

What version of the SystemLink Client and LabVIEW are you using? Different versions of the client support different versions of LabVIEW. Additionally, the API will only install when LabVIEW is installed first but it sounds like you've met that requirement. 

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,601 Views)

I am running Labview 2018 (32bit) and Systemlink Client 18.2.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,597 Views)

Package Manager seems to think Labview 2015 is installed instead of Labview 2018.  I say this because when I try to install or uninstall dependencies for SystemLink Client it only shows files for 2015.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,594 Views)

When you look in Package Manager, do you see an entry in the installed tab for LabVIEW 2018?

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,592 Views)

Yes, Labview 2018 is listed as installed.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,588 Views)