SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink timing out when trying to add cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to add a 3rd cRIO to my SystemLink server. The first two added just fine after installing all the SW. With this 3rd cRIO, I followed the same process but when trying to add it to the SL server it gives me the error "The request to get information about the system timed out." The system shows up in Discovered Systems. 

I've tried restarting both server and cRIO. I've verified that the date and time on both the server and cRIO are the same (I actually had to update the cRIO). 

What else should I look for that might be amis? 

System is cRIO 9035 Sync. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,054 Views)

Update. Problem still exists with this one cRIO. As a test, I configured another cRIO from scratch and SystemLink was able to add it just fine (just like the first 2 that were successful). For the cRIO in question, I reformatted the drive and reinstalled all the SW. As before, it shows up in Discovered Systems but trying to add it results in the same timeout error.

It's a brand new piece of hardware. I just pulled it out of the box last week. Could this be an issue of bad hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,042 Views)

In the Managed Systems and Discovered Systems view click on the little drop down arrow on the right side of a column.  This will allow you to show some additional attributes on your targets and we need to see the Minion ID for both.

First verify that the minion IDs for both the added and discovered systems are unique.  Second, verify that the minion IDs do not contain any dots.  Either will cause things to fail, so we try to ensure unique ones are created when the system first starts up and remove dots.

I'm also assuming that both targets on are similar networks with similar network configuration.  Are they configured for DHCP, Static, or Link-Local?  If static, you may want to double check that they subnet and gateway settings are the same on both targets.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GreyGrey

Issue solved.

Minon ID's were unique and contained no dots. 

Static IP addresses were all the same subnet, same gateway, the only difference was the DNS setting. The cRIO in question had a DNS listed (a DNS that is unavailable on my dev network), whereas the others did not. I removed the DNS setting and SystemLink was able to add it. 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,033 Views)