Sync Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any hope of adoption by the release version?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm installing LabVIEW 2014 SP1 and noticing that I still need to follow these steps, including installing 1.2_d15.

We use PXI systems running RT on the lab floor with remote Windows clients talking to them.  Our systems are widely distributed by up to 100m, so we use a dedicated system with a PXI-6682 connected to a Trimble antenna on the roof of our building and couple that with NI-TimeSync support to get accurate timestamps.

I migrate our systems annually to the spring release of the full development system, so I’m just now doing that for LabVIEW 2014 SP1 and noticing that I still need to follow these steps.

It continues to work but it scares me a little bit that one day it might break.  Are there plans to get this support adopted by the release version of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,992 Views)

I share totally your comment.

If we use the Software IEEE-1588, the functionnality is directly integrated in the last release of the TimeSync software.

But if we buy the expensive 6682 or 6683 board, we need to use an old beta version of the software !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,173 Views)

Ihave tried to use the plugin for NI-Sync hardware from the beta with the last version of TimeSync (14 for me) and it's work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,173 Views)

Does this plugin even work with the 6683H?  I use the 12D2 TimeSync custom plugin and would like to be able to use the NI-SYNC plugin as well (Custom as a backup).  But I can't seem to get it to recognize my new 6683H.

Also (For the Sync Labs folks), it's been almost 5 years!  I was hoping (Hoping!) that these plugins would be finally included with the release version of NI-TimeSync, but they are still not there in LV2016.  How about at least getting an updated installer and new labs build going for LV2016?  It's just silly to be stuck having to manually install a 5 year old beta version like this.

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,173 Views)

I disabled the custom plugin and now the NI-Sync plugin works with my 6683H.  I really need a way to switch between the two without restarting.

How exactly did you get the plugin to work with the official version of TimeSync?  If that same trick could be used for TimeSync 15.0 and 16.0, that would be great.

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Tim_Maddux

Synchronizing RT OS system time to a PXI timing & sync module, like the PXI-6683(H) is now a supported feature as of NI-TimeSync 18.0.1. When installing NI-TimeSync 18.0 make sure to select "NI-TimeSync Plugins->NI-Sync Support". There is not a LabVIEW API yet, but please continue to use the /ni-rt/system/ni-timesync/ni-timesync-nisync.ini to specify the PXI device and let us know if you have any questions.

Message 6 of 6
(4,741 Views)