From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong voltage while switching resistive load through ni-pxi 2520

Hi all,

i have been monitoring DC voltage value of a pulsed waveform. The load resistor is 1k. This load resistor need to be switched. For this switching i am using ni-pxi-2520 and an agilent DMM (GPIB) is switched across this load using ni-pxi-2575. But there is an anomaly in the measured voltage. If i measure, the same voltage without any switching(both load and DMM), i will get the voltage within specification. but if i use any of the switch, the voltage changes. I am attaching the connection details and part of the circuit in which i need to measure the voltage and different voltage in various conditions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Arun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,092 Views)

Hi all,

is it an impedance matching problem since i am measuring the voltage between two points differentially? 

regards 

arun

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,077 Views)

Hi all,

i monitored the pwm in both cases through a digital oscilloscope. if i connect the resistance without realy, the mean is -1.42V (positive width 174 micro sec, -ve width 276 micro sec, period 450 micro sec, max 25.8V and min -25 V). but with the same input settings, the mean changes to -2.48V (positve width 172 micro sec, neg width 278 micro sec, period 450 micro sec, max 25.8V, min -25V).  i could not figure out the problem. if anyone can help me please respond. any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Arun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,062 Views)

hi all,

i have removed the load resistor relay switching. Now i have a load resistor connected directly across the output points. and one ni-pxi2575 relay (95X1 mode ) is used to connect the Digital Multimeter  across the output points. Still having the problem. Do the relay have any effect on the pwm signal. anybody please respond. i am really in trouble

Thank you

Arun

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,056 Views)