Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using PXI/SXCI bus to interally connect PXI-2575 to PXI DAQ card

Hello-
I have a PXI-1052 chassis, eg integrated PXI and SCXI chassis.

I have in the chassis
PXI-6229 (m series daq),
PXI-2575 (196 channel MUX, operating in two-wire mode)

DMM-4060 (digital multi-meter)
SCXI-1127 (32 channel high voltage MUX)

I will be using the 6229/2575 combo for low voltage measurements and the 4060/1127 for high voltage measurements.
Currently, I have the DMM4060 test leads connected to the output-channel screw-terminal of the 1127 terminal block (e.g. two obtrusive wires dangling off the front off my chassis). Similarly, there is a pair of wires from the 2575 terminal block that connect to the 6229 terminal block. Is there anyway I can route these signals internally via the PXI or SXCI bus ??

thanks-
Brad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,425 Views)

Hi Brad,

Good question. The PXI backplane is packed full of trigger, clock, and control lines. This is what lets your DMM and Switch handshake or lets your DAQ card control the SCXI portion of your chassis. However, all analog signal lines always are connected to the front of your device; either the banana plugs of your DMM or to the terminal block of your DAQ card.

The reason for this is mainly standardization and availability of space on the backplane. The PXI digital lines in the backplane are all standardized according to PXISA (PXI Systems Alliance) standards. However, an analog line can be of vastly varying quality depending on the signal you are trying to measure and the backplane simply can't accomodate a lot of extra lines to accomodate these different types of lines.

Hope this helps!

B Spears

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,415 Views)