Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch executive virtual device error

I am trying to add an IVI Switch to a virtual device in NI MAX w/Switch Executive. I created a new Instrument Driver Software Module with a link to the dll (3rd party ivi switch driver created in labwindows),created a new driver session and a new logical name. When I try to create the new driver and add the IVI Switch I get Primary Error 0xBFFF0011 Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system. Does anyone know what I'm doing incorrectly. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,904 Views)

Cytecnick:

I am sorry you are having trouble. To narrow down the source of the error, please try calling:

IviSwtch Initialize.vi located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW {version}\vi.lib\ivi\IviSwtch\_iviswtch.llb

Does this call return an error? If so, then it is an IVI driver error rather than an NI Switch Executive error. Consider posting your IVI config file:
C:\ProgramData\IVI Foundation\IVI\IviConfigurationStore.xml

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,881 Views)

Thanks for the response.  Figured out this morning that it was a mistake on my part using the wrong *&^%* hardware name.  Everything fell into place after that.  My Bad.

Sincerely,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,878 Views)