Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch executive calibration information for each path

Two questions:

1. I have Switch Executive running from a license server. How do I know what is the version? Help->About just gives the version of MAX.

"With the latest version of NI Switch Executive, you can store calibration information for each path in your switch system".

I'm assuming that calibration information means the RF path loss. So, how do I configure the calibration information inside Switch Executive?

regards,
husni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,882 Views)

Hi husni,

1.  There are two ways to determine the version. 

a) Inside MAX, expand Software.  Select Switch Executive and the version information will appear on the right side of the screen. 

b) Open Add or Remove Programs.  Select National Instruments Software, click the Change button, and Switch Executive and its version will appear as one entry in the list.

2.  There are two ways to configure calibration information (or any route-specific information) with Switch Executive. 

a) Inside MAX, open your Switch Executive Virtual Device and select the Routes/Groups tab.  The comment section is what you are looking for.  This box has been created for the purpose of storing user-defined information.  For each route you create, you can list various route-specific details such as RF calibration and parametric information for that route.

b) Programmatically, you can use the niSE (NI Switch Executive) Configuration API to store and retrieve this information.  When you install Switch Executive, examples for using the niSE Configuration API are by default stored in the following directory: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\examples\SwitchExecutive\NISECfgExamples.llb.  To retrieve this information, you can use these steps:

i) Open a session to your system's niSE configuration
ii) Obtain a reference to your niSE Virtual Device
iii) Obtain the route of interest from this Virtual Device reference
iv) Obtain the comment from the route of interest

The following VIs are used for each step:

i) niseCfg Open Configuration
ii) niseCfg Get Object (this VI is polymorphic, the instance you want is niseCfg Get Virtual Device)
iii) niseCfg Get Object (this VI is polymorphic, the instance you want is VirtualDevice Get Route)
iv) Property Node (wire the route reference into a property node, and read from the comment property to obtain the information)

To store any route-specific information, the only difference would be to perform a write to the comment property instead of a read.  That's it!  You now have all the knowledge needed to store and retrieve RF calibration and parametric information on a per path basis!

Let me know if you have further questions or if this does not resolve your issue.

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

Message 2 of 2
(6,867 Views)