Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiplexer+Relay card

Hi

I am using multiplexer 2530  as configuration 8 banks of 16x1 (1-wire). I can only able to connect to the particular amount of input and out puts to my acquastion instrunments like DMM1,DMM2,SCOPE and DAQ.

could you please suggest me how to connect or increase the number of multiplexer line using relay card,

to capture the signal like DMM1,DMM2,SCOPE and DAQ.

Regards,

Prithviraj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,809 Views)

Hey Prithviraj,

The 2530 definitely supports simultaneously connecting multiple relays, so the limitation you're seeing is a function of how you're using the driver.  Can you let us know which driver you're using (sounds like NI Switch Executive, but unclear; other options are NI-Switch and NI-DAQmx). 

Can you post your code so we can look over it? 

Can you let us know which 2530 terminals the acquisition instruments are connected to?  It sounds like DMM1 is connected to COM0, DMM2 is connected to COM1, SCOPE is connected to COM2, etc, with the corresponding DUT measurements connected to each mux's 16 channels.  Is this correct?

Once we can see the code, we can get to the bottom of the issue.  Without knowing the driver, it's difficult to fully address all the programming variations we could implement to get your code working correctly. 

Some general pointers in the mean time:

-make sure you aren't initializing the switch each time through your loop. 

-if you're scanning and trying to connect multiple channels to the same com on the same mux, you'll need to use "no action" mode for the "scan mode" attribute.

-if you're using SW-timed API calls to switch, you'll need to use the independent topology if you want to connect multiple channels to the same com pin simultaneously.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,804 Views)