Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import to another computer

I am developing a switch configuration file using NI Switch Executive. Currently I have an SCXI-1001 chassis with 5 SCXI-1166s.
I am using the Switch configuration file to open/close the realys. Currently I am developing the file in a computer, but later on the SCXI-1166s
will be controlled via execution computer. both are LabVIEW/NISE installed.

I have a problem with transfering the configuration to the file to the execution computer.
when I want to validate the configurations in the exec. computer, it always gives me error.
but the configuration file works fine in the devel. computer.

Why is it?

Please I need some quick responses.

Rg.

Naushica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,068 Views)
OK, quick response 🙂

What steps did you take to port the configuration to another system? Did you follow the suggestion in the documentation (There is a section in the help file on porting the configuration to a deployment machine.)

What are the versions of NISE installed on both computers? Do you have development version on both, or is the deployment license installed on the target? (I ask this to see what range of debugging options we have here.)

Did you port both NISE and IVI configurations?

Finally, the most important question: What is the error you are getting. A detailed, exact description of the error message or error behavior will help tremendously.

best regards!

-Serge
Message 2 of 5
(7,064 Views)

How I did->
I made the xml file in the developing PC what I did was i tried to import the xml with MAX in the execution PC.
What I did was with MAX I used -> Create new NI switch executive device -> read from file

error I had was, when I tried to validate the in the MAX , it just said error. I dont remember the message correctly,
  but vaguely I know the message was about .... could not identify the IVI or some kind of that....

I have NI SE-2.1 development in both PCs.

I did not do anything to port IVI configurations. Is it the problem?

Rg.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,061 Views)
Yup, that would be the problem.

Please refer to NI Switch Executive help file. You can run it on any machine that has NISE installed, from Start menu. Go to Programs>>National Instruments>>Switch Executive>>Documentation>>NI Switch Executive Help

There is a whole section on System Deployment that should be immediately visible in the Contents. Read through the "Preparing a Target Computer" topic, and you'll find all necessary steps to deploy your configuration.

I can tell you that you need to install the necessary drivers, port the NISE and IVI configurations, etc. but it is safest and fastest to go through that list in the help file as I may omit a detail or two here.

Let us know if it works though

best regards,

-Serge
Message 4 of 5
(7,056 Views)
Hey Srdan zir,

Thanks . It worked!!! phew. ....

Thanks a lot pal. this is great help man.

best regards

Nauhsica

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,045 Views)