Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's best for ganging connections when the TBs offered don't permit multiple connections with 22AWG wire?

The ATE system I'm working on is using rows as instruments and columns as testpoints with 1129 cards. The Terminal boards used to configure the matrix can't handle multiple 22AWG wires required. Any ideas on how best to gang signals requiring driving and reading simultaneously? The ERNI 128 pin connector doesn't have a male compatable connector that accepts crimp pins.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,243 Views)
I am not familiar with the SCXI-1129, but I have used IDC type connectors for similar types of cards (mainly SCXI 1163). Most of NI's switch hardware has standard spaced pins, so look for an Insulation Displacement Connector (IDC) that has the right number of pins, or one that can be cut to fit over the pins.
We made a big box with all the loads and connection points, so the SCXI card only has the wires running to it that you need. Then run 22 gauge bundled wire from the connector box to the card, and crimp the wire into the IDC connector.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,243 Views)