From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to extract h/w info from Switch Executive IVI Groups

We are writing a system self-test application using CVI, and all of the switch definitions have been set up in Switch Executive. Programmatically, we are using the switch Groups and Routes configured in SE, but when an error occurs, how do I translate the Group/Route into PXI Card Model, Slot, and Channels to report to the operator? I've looked at the NI Session Manager Active X server, but it doesn't appear to be able to return the info I'm looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,432 Views)
Once the routes are configured in NISE, and you can validate all routes and route groups without errors, you should not be getting errors at run time.
What error are you getting and which call is generating the error?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,432 Views)
To be clearer, the error is more like a test failure. The UUT, in this case, is the PXI itself, but no matter what we are testing if a step failure occurs, there is a possibility that there is a physical switch failure (we're seeing a high rate of relay failure). We need a function that translates an NISE Group/Route to physical world definitions (card/slot/channels) for the operator to take posssible action.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,432 Views)