Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topology of PXI switch

Hi,

I am try to use PXI2527 300Vrms multiplexer card. According to "NI switches help", this module can also be used in independent topology. Does that mean I can have 32 insolated SPST channels instead of 32x1 multiplexer, and use all these channels at the same time? How can configure the module as this in MAX or by API?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,676 Views)
Hello,
Yes, you can use 2527 in Independent Topology. You can do this from your programming environment such as LabVIEW. For example, you can use niSwitch Initialize with Topology.vi in LabVIEW to modify the topology of the switch.
To set topology of "Terminal Block" for the switch in MAX,
Expand Devices & Interfaces >> NI-DAQmx Devices >> PXI-2527. Right click on the switch module and select Properties. Then select topology from Terminal Block/ Accessory as shown in picture.

Kalyan
Kalyanramu Vemishetty
Automated Test Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,652 Views)
Hi Kalyan,

Thanks a lot. Actually I want to use this PXI-2527 as 1xN module, i.e. one input (common) and N outputs (CH0, CH1, ...,CH31). Also I want the output 1,2,..., 32 can be connected to the input simultaneously or independently, according to the test requirement. For this design, the 32 control relays K0-K31 of PXI-2527 should be controlled separately. For example, CH0, CH1 can be closed simultaneously, next test CH0, CH2, CH7... can be closed simultaneously.

Can independent topology fully utilize this routing?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,625 Views)

Hi DY,

If I'm understanding you correctly, during your tests you would like to connect more than one channel to the common.  Yes, you can do this with the PXI-2527.  You can do this by setting the PXI-2527 topology to Independent and controlling the individual relays in the switch module.  For example, if I wanted to connect ch0+,ch0- through ch4+,ch4- to com0+,com0-, I could do this by performing the following relay operations:

ch1 -> pcom0
ch2 -> pcom0
ch3 -> pcom0
pcom0plus -> icom0plus
pcom0minus -> icom0minus
icom0 -> com0

In effect, I'm closing relays:
k0
k1
k2
k3

and opening relays:
KHLSELECT0
KREF0
KCJTEMP

Please reference NI Switches Help>>Devices>>NI PXI-2527>>Independent Topology for more information:
http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/386C7C8A2FEBFE568625712C007837C2

Chad PSE
Switch Product Support Engineer
National Instruments - USA

Message 4 of 5
(7,604 Views)

A few fixes to the last reply.  If I wanted to connect ch0+,ch0- through ch4+,ch4- to com0+,com0-, I also needed to perform the following two relay operations:

ch0 -> pcom0
ch4 -> pcom0

in addition to all those listed above.  Also, one additional relay would be closed:

k4

in addition to k0 through k3.  OK, that should fix it.

Chad PSE
Switch Product Support Engineer
National Instruments - USA

Message 5 of 5
(7,606 Views)