From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TB Interlock on PXI-2566 documentation

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.  But I cannot find any information on the "TB Interlock" signal that the NI Switch help file shows is on pin 62 of the NI-2566 switch.

I assume that the "TB" translates to Terminal Block.  And I know what interlock switches are used for.  But I would like to find some type of documentation on what I can/might/should do with this signal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,033 Views)

Hi Rich,

You are correct.  There is no information on the TB Interlock signal.  I'll create a KnowledgeBase to prevent any confusion in the future.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

TB Interlock is indeed a terminal block line, designed in as a safety feature. If a terminal block is attached, then the line is pulled low. We do not currently use the feature; it is available for future use.

Note: The TB_Interlock line is pulled up on the PXI motherboard with a 20k resistor.

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 02-09-2009 09:06 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,023 Views)