From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Executive Corrupting routes on my 2586 high power card.

Hello, we have a problem with Switch Executive when running through the Max control panel or when using the IVI from teststand to control the NI2586 Hi power switch card.

We have a route group (let's call it route group x) which we want to replace with another route group (route group y), I want to move from route group x to route group y without transiting route group 0 (i.e clearing down all routes/groups)

Sometimes if we implement route group x and then implement route group y and then clear down route group x the implemented route group y becomes corrupted, it usually looses one or more of it's routes.

To make things more confusing the route groups for the 2586 card are often the same and part of a much larger route group that is changing so quite often route group x and y are the same!

The 2586 card is SPST so it's only possible for a route to be open or closed.

I have selected Multiconnect option for all the route groups, sub route groups and routes.

Any on know what is going on?

Regards

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,550 Views)
Matt,

I just wanted to clarify - when you talk about 'implementing' and 'clearing', you are referring to the act of configuring your NISE virtual device, and not about executing connect and disconnect calls?
Also, when you say loses, do you mean that the route gets disassociated from the route group, or does it get broken?

best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,541 Views)
Hi Srdan,

Yes when I talk about implementing and clearing I mean using the IVI command from test stand or using the Test Panel in Max Switch Exec to close a relay.

The route gets broken, i.e on teh 2586 I may wish to close Com 5 to Ch5 and Com 7 to Ch7 but the relays never actually close, although the nISE driver reports they have been.

To further complicate matters, this only seems to be happening on the production machine with Switch Exec deployment licence, the development machines with the full development liscence appear to be working okay in exactly the same scenario that cause the machine with the deployment liscence to fail.

?

Cheers

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,538 Views)
Hi Matt,

I believe I understand your issue.  However, I do not yet know what could cause the problem.  I would like to examine your IVI and Switch Executive configurations for any sign of corruption, especially since you've seen this issue only on your deployment machine and not on your development machines. 

I've attached a utility that will copy over the suspect files and a readme that explains which files are copied.  The utility creates a password-protected zip file.  You can run this utility and send the resulting report to me via this discussion forum post, or if you could share an email address over this public forum, we could take this offline through email.  I would also then be able to provide the password so you can verify the contents of the zip file.

Let me know how you would like to proceed!  Best regards,

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,528 Views)
Hi Chad,

I created the report but it doesn't seem to be attaching to the message board, I could send it by email if you let me know how.

Cheers

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,513 Views)
Oh Hi Chad, sorry I mis understood, you can mail me on Matthew.Nunn@Cobhamdc.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,512 Views)

Hi Matt,

I've attempted to send you an email.  Let me know if you do not receive it.

Best regards,

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,506 Views)