Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI Switches not showing up in NI-Switch Soft Front Panel

Hi,

I have an SCXI 1001 chassis containing about a dozen SCXI 1160 switch modules. The first switch module is connected to a PXI-4060 DMM card in a seperate PXI chassis. MAX 4.0 was able to auto-detect the switches, and they show up under the "Devices and Interfaces" folder. However, when I run the NI-Switch Soft Front Panel application, the SCXI switches do not show up as selectable switches. Are there additional properties that need to be configured in order for the Soft Front Panel to detect the SCXI switches? Is there an online manual/guide for doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

VRMan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,928 Views)
The NI-Switch Soft Front Panel does not display switches configured under Traditional NI-DAQ. To make your switches appear in the Soft Front Panel, you must configure them under the NI-DAQmx Devices in MAX. To do this, you will need a newer chassis controller: Cable your SCXI chassis to a PXI-4070 DMM, PXI-4021 switch controller, or MIO device supported under NI-DAQmx, then re-autodetect.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,915 Views)
If you have the option of using a DAQmx supported device as the controller for the SCXI chassis, I would recommend changing your SCXI configuration so that your SCXI devices show up in the Soft Front Panel. If the PXI-4060 (which is not supported under DAQmx) is the only SCXI chassis controller you have, a workaround is to use the Traditional(Old) Soft Front Panel. The Old Soft Front Panel has not been updated with switch modules since NI-SWITCH 2.4 and is not currently supported. But given that you have SCXI-1160s in your chassis, it should work for your use case. We install the Old Soft Front Panel at Program Files\IVI\Drivers\niSwitch\OldSoftFrontPanel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,901 Views)
Thanks 🙂 I will try out the Old Soft Front Panel.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,879 Views)