Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI Multiplexer

Hi,
I'm using four SCXI-1127 modules in 1 wire mode. Lately, I've been experiencing problems with one of the 4 modules. When i try to read resistance of 4 individual resistors by connecting them to any of the 4 channels of modules installed in slots 2,3,and 4 of SCXI 1000 chassis, it gives me correct results. But with module in slot 1 i get two 'NaN' values either on 0 & 1 channels or 32 & 33 channels. I tried swapping modules, added and deleted them through MAX, and rebooted the PC several times. All of the modules are working correctly, when inserted in slots 2, 3, and 4 of SCXI 1000. I don�t understand what�s causing the module in slot 1 not to work. I tried debugging it through soft panel too, but the problem still persists. If anybody has
any suggestions please let me know.
Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,529 Views)
So it is always channels 0,1,32,32 only on the SCXI-1127 in slot 1 of the SCXI-1000 chassis which gives you this problem? If you move the modules around it is still the module in slot 1 which fails? If this is the case, it sounds like the modules are working fine since they work in other slots.

On the module which is in slot 1, have you been able to test for continuity between channels 1,2,32,33 and the common line (COM0+)? What about between the 1_WIRE_LO_REF line and COM0-? This will let us know for sure whether or not those relays are being closed.

Jack
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,528 Views)
I think the problem is with the slot 1 in SCXI-1000 chassis because if i interchange the module in slot 1 with let's say module in slot 3,the module in slot 1 still gives me 'NaN' values while the module in slot 3 works fine. I tried all possible suggestions and of no avail.
Please let me know what i can do to solve this issue.

Atul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,529 Views)