Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI--1127 relay banks layout

When using the SCXI-1127 in the 2 wire mode configuration, will it be using only the 32 relays located in the left bank of the PCB?

I am trying to measure the path resistance in this configuration, but I need to identify the relays used in this configuration. The PCB has a total of 45 relays distributed in two banks, can you confirm with me that only the 32 on the left bank are being used in the 2 wire mode configuration?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,002 Views)

Hi maggan,

To answer this specific question and related inquiries, I strongly recommend the NI Switches Help (installed with the NI-SWITCH driver).  Download the Help by itself using the following link:

NI Switches Help

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/B133DDD29F0DFCC28625746E00564E56

The relay replacement section is a great resource for information such as which relays are used to connect a particular channel to COM.  In the attached picture, I've outlined the relays used to connect ch0 to com0 in the SCXI-1127's inherent 2-Wire 32x1 Multiplexer Topology.

1127 2-Wire 

Let me know if you have further questions!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 02-17-2009 11:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,986 Views)

Thank you Chad,

This gave me the answer I was looking for. I have downloaded the help file before, but I can't access the content, so it's been useless for me. But your diagram gave me the answer I was looking for. Thanks again!

Maggan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,965 Views)

Hi Maggan,

Yeah, I was so excited to show where you can find the information that I forgot to answer your specific question.  As you already know, the answer is that most of the relays are used, not just the 32 on the left bank.

I'm curious as to why you can't access the content.  If you're willing to elaborate, then I'll do my best to help!

Best regards,

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 02-18-2009 12:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,961 Views)

Hi Chad,

I got it now! I needed to modify my internet settings to allow the help file to access the content. Thanks for your help! 😃

Maggan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,955 Views)