Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset a SCXI 1160 board

Let me explain my problem. I use a SCXI 1160 card installed in a PXI chassis including a PXI 6251 DAQ card and LabVIEW RT as operating system. After an acquisition I wish to close or open one or more relays from the SCXI 11 60 according to a limit test. To have a defined state by startup, I execute a DAQmx Switch Disconnet all on the SCXI device. Due to the simple application I do not have install NI Switch as the DAQmx Switches function offers, in my point of vue,  exactly what I need.

Now to my problem:
starting this application in the development environment works exactly as expected and after the SCXI card has been reseted, the acquisition starts.
If I create an RT executable from this appl. and I set the program to start after a reboot of RT, the application seems to stop immediatly after they try to reset the SCXI card.
Have youu encounter such problem and where is the solution?

I insert a simple code (wich is a modified NI example) with the reset function and acquisition for info.

Thank for any answer.

Philippe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,842 Views)

Making a deeper test lets appear that after the system reboot, the Switch Disconnect all.vi respond immediatly with error code -88705 which means 'Unknown device'...
Again, running my VI in the development environment works without any troubles.

Any reason that RT does not known the Switch device? (DAQ devices PXI 6251/SCXI 1102 used in the same VI are found, no problem !!)

Philippe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,836 Views)
Replacing the Switch disconnect.vi with a DAQmx Reset device .vi helped.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,807 Views)