From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-2569 not showing up in MAX and PXI fatal initialization error -26802

Good afternoon,

we are having quite an issue here. A while ago we bought a pair of PXIe-2569 to be added to our system but due to our development program timing constraint we could not install them until 2 days ago. I downloaded the custom device provided by Stephen_B on the NI website, installed NI-SWITCH 16.0.0, deployed it to our RT workstation, fire everything up and, out of 2 cards MAX was only showing 1.

Our system is made of a single 6-cores workstation, two PCIe-8372 connected to 4 chassis, 2 chassis per card. The chassis are quite crowded, the PXIe-2569 were installed on Chassis 2 and Chassis 4. Only Chassis 4 showed the card on MAX.

I then thought, we got a faulty card. I swapped the cards, still MAX was showing just the card on Chassis 4. At that point I thought we had a faulty Slot (card were installed on Slot 9 of Chassis2 and Slot 10 of Chassis 4). As such I move the card in Slot 9 Chassis 2 to Slot 10 Chassis 2. Same issue. Card not showing up on Chassis 2. At this point I thought of a whole Chassis issue. I moved the Chassis 2 card from Chassis 2 to Chassis 1. At this point both cards were showing up on MAX. Everything pointed to the Chassis, so I tried a spare PXIe-4300 card on Chassis 2 Slot 9, and the card had no problem, it showed up nicely in MAX.

I then removed the PXIe-2569 from Chassi 4 Slot 10, removed the PXIe-2569 card from Chassis 1, removed the PXIe-4300 from Chassis 2 Slot 9 and reinstalled the PXIe-2569 in Chassis 2 Slot 9. Rebooted, at this point I got the PXI Fatal Initialization error with code  -26802.

This seems to be happening anytime I have any PXIe-2569 card in Chassis 2.

On top of everything I tried several clean install of the RT, just to be sure, with the same exact results.

At this point I am out of ideas other than not installing the PXIe-2569.

Our RT configuration is based on 2016 version of LVRT, Versistand 2016, DAQmx 16, NI SWITCH 16.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,722 Views)

Please create a MAX report of the system and attach it to this thread.

The error code you were posting indicates a timeout of the NI Device Loader. Can you please post an image of the console out showing what happens before the error occurs?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,652 Views)

I have already contacted support and I am in touch with an application engineer to solve his issue. Thanks for your interest.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,650 Views)

@Claudio_G wrote:

I have already contacted support and I am in touch with an application engineer to solve his issue. Thanks for your interest.

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but were you able to resolve this. I am having a similar issue with a PXIe-1073. My application will run smoothly then out of no where I will blue screen showing "bad pool header" and the event log shows "Fatal: PXI Initialization -26802 A timeout occurred".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,379 Views)

I actually did but this was a weird one. Adding the PXIe-2569 to my chassis 2 (we have a 4 chassis setup) caused issues, while adding it to chassis 3 did not cause issues. So i tried swapping the chassis connection on the back of my real-time workstation and renamed the chassis in MAX back to chassis 2 and 3, and it worked...

EDIT: went back to my post from 2 years ago and realized the problem was with chassis 2 and 3 was ok. The solution of swapping the two chassis at the back of the workstation still applies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,376 Views)