From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-2527 Connnecting COM0+ to multiple channels

Hi,

I currently have my PXIe-2527 switch in the Dual 1-wire 32X1 MUX topology. COM1+ is used exclusively for another purpose and can't be changed. Is it possible to route COM0+ to two channels simultaneously?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,600 Views)

KOkun,

Using the "Connect" API you are unable to connect multiple channels to a single com. This is as designed for a MUX Topology.

However you should be able to use the "Relay Control" API and close the specific relay needed to make those connections. Be aware that if you close relays using the "Relay Control" API, the "Connect" API will be unaware that a connection exists and you should be careful to open any relays that you close when you are finished with that connection.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,526 Views)

Can you provide an example of how to connect multiple channels to a com using the relay API?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,269 Views)

LabVIEW comes with an example called "Switch - Controlling an Individual Relay (NI-SWITCH).vi". This gives a basic overview of how to use it. You can then modify it with a loop to close as many channels are you would like:

sherlockholm_0-1588356094144.png

You can find the channel names in the independent topology session for 2527. Notice how Ch0 HI and LO cannot go to the same COM line. But, you can have all the Channel HIs or LOs go together. Each relay is controlled with k0-k31. Depending on what you want to do, you may have to access KBC01, KHLSELECT0, etc. I don't have the hardware to test this out, but I simulated using the relay names and everything seemed to work (if you put the wrong relay name in it will error).

Message 4 of 4
(3,181 Views)