Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2599 Declassification/Sanitization

I am going to be using a PXI-2599 switch card in a system with data sanitization requirements.  I have a letter of volatility listing memory and sanitization requirements, and it says that a low-level utility is required to sanitize PROM on the board.  Where would I be able to find this utility, or specifications on how to write one?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,430 Views)

Hi Shannon,

This is an interesting question. Let me do some checking to see if this is something that has already been built that NI Provides or if you are expected to built a low level utility.

I will let you know what I find out!

Regards,

Mallori M.

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,420 Views)

Hello,

This utility is currently under development by R&D.

However, something to note is that this utility has never been provided to a customer. The only way to write to the memory of the card is through a low level program owned by NI R&D and this program has not been shared. The only things that are stored on the memory of this card are the serial number, the module identity, and relay count information. An attempt to write application specific information to this memory component without knowing what you are doing would most likely corrupt the board and would not be wise to do. Let me know if you feel that you still need this utility.

Regards,

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,396 Views)

Hi Shannon,

I never heard back, do you still need this functionality?

Regards,

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,219 Views)

Mallori,

I don't think we're going to need the extra functionality.  Our security department seems to be satisfied with the level of sanitization we can get without it.

Thanks,

Shannon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,215 Views)