From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 2570 Error -200221

Hi everyone,

Has anyone among you happen to encounter Error -200221 when accessing the Soft Front Panel of PXI 2570?  How do I get rid of this error?
My current version of NI Switch driver is 3.3.  The said switch card above shares the same chassis (PXI 1031) with two DAQs (PXI 6251) and a controller (PXI 8196). 

The error (-200221 -- Amount of time allocated to perform this operation was exceeded.) does not occur 100% of the time.  At times, after powering-up the system, when I try to open the Soft Front Panel of the switch card (on MAX), it seems like the system does not detect the switch card.  There are times that the problem will be resolved by merely restarting the system.  But there were also times that restarting the system, resetting the PXI cards, altering the slot position of the NI cards, removing the DAQ cards, or even replacing the switch card do not solve the issue. 

Chassis, controller, one DAQ card, and the Switch card have already been replaced, but the problem still recur.  We have built 8 testers but we only encountered this error on the ninth one. 

I would appreciate much if anyone can help me with this.  Because I'm also having a hard time, duplicating the issue once it has been "temporarily" resolved.  Error will appear to be gone one day, but will come along again the next day.
Message 1 of 4
(7,617 Views)

Hi Rhea,

The next time the problem occurs, can you attempt to access the device in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)?  I'm wondering if you are able to reset the device or if you get a timeout in MAX as well.  I just want to make sure it is not a Soft Front Panel issue.

Thanks!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,613 Views)

Hello Chad,

I'm actually opening the Soft Front Panel from the MAX (Test Device).  Once I encounter the error, I won't be able to reset the device as well (timeout).  I guess this is not a soft front panel issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,598 Views)
rhea_rayos,

We recently duplicated a similar issue here at National Instruments and are currently implementing a software fix.  Sometimes after rebooting the PXI chassis, some of the switch modules would timeout after trying to reset them in MAX.  We located the problem and will add the fix to NI-Switch 3.3.  We expect to have NI-Switch 3.3.1 ready for distribution by tomorrow. If you give it a try please let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(7,566 Views)