cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NISE Multiconnect using Multiple lines in a matrix

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

As I understand it, the multiconnect function increments a connection count but does not communicate with the hardware.  I have a crosspoint matrix with 15 lines.  I connect a channel to a port, this uses one line.  I need to connect the same channel to the same port using another line.  Is there a way of the NISE engine recognizing the alternative path and calling the connect code as it assumes the same endpoints are already connected?

I hope that makes sense..

Regards,

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,370 Views)

Steve:

To control the routing channel that NI Switch Executive uses, you can call connect with a fully specified path:

[PXI1Slot2/c0->PXI1Slot2/r0->PXI1Slot2/c1]

or

[PXI1Slot2/c0->PXI1Slot2/r1->PXI1Slot2/c1]

Or make two NI Switch Executive Route objects in MAX, each with one of the paths above and connect one of them at a time by passing a route name to connect.

In all cases above, NI Switch Executive will return an error if you try to connect the two paths simultaneously.

This is because they share the same end points. You can only connect paths simultaneously if they share zero or one endpoint.

See http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370404G-01/nise/route_spec_strings/

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,356 Views)

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for your reply.  It is as I suspected so I've had to go down another route (pardon the pun).  I will close and open parallel paths by extracting the channel and port numbers from the Alias Names and passing them to a function that will check which paths are used and connect via an unused path, accessing the instrument directly (ASCOR Matrix in this case).  The next question will be  -

how do I use the NISE API to get the Cn and Pn from the alias names...

from there its a simple matter of passing the numbers around....If there's no reply on this thread I'll start another.  We are getting some great results using the NISE and once this is solved we will have a very flexible system.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,345 Views)