Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Switch Executive Error when adding switch to vitual device

I am evaluating a copy NI Switch Executive. When attempting to add Pickering switches to the a new virtual device, I get the following error:

"Error xBFFFF007B occurred
Invalid size of window specified
(IVI Error Code: BFFF007B[Device:PX12_2565_10])"

Note: PX12_2565_10 is the logical name I assigned to the Pickering switch.

Please advise.
Thanks for you time and assistance,
M.Smith
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,801 Views)
M.Smith,

It seems you assigned the name PX12_2565_10 to your PXI Pickering Switch in MAX. I guess you wen under IVI Devices>>Devices to do this, is this right?

I think what is causing the problem is that when you are creating the IVI alias for your Pickering Switch, you are not enterning the appropriate PXI VISA Resource Name for it.

I am not sure if the Pickering Switches show up in MAX, but if they do they shoudl show up under the entry "My System">>"Devices and Interfaces">>"PXI System". If you do not see this entry, please follow the instructions in the KnowledgeBase below.
KnowledgeBase 2CMCAHLS: How Can I Get the "PXI System" Entr
y Back in MAX?

If it does not pop up in MAX, go to the Device Manager of your PC and right click on your PXI Switch board. Chosse Properties. The Bus Number adn the Device Number for your board should be listed there. Built the appropriate PXI VISA Resource Name following the indications int he KnowledgeBase below:
KnowledgeBase 2IJ896LS: What Is the Format for VISA Resources for PXI Devices?

Let me know if this works,

Claudia Lorente
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,801 Views)