Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx topology

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author mprusak

mprusak,

Yes it should be doing the same thing.

Is the confusion that the "DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset" function call does not change the value of the topology that is configured it MAX?

The expected behavior of "DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset" is that for that instant, the current topology is changed to whatever you specify. The configured topology does not ever change unless you open the configuration menu in MAX. I believe the suggestion is that you should use "DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset" every time that you plan on using the switch so that each time you talk to the switch it is in the correct topology that you need.

You can verify that "DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset" function does as you expect by the following.

1. Go into MAX 
  2. Right click the device and hit "Reset"
  3. Right click the device and hit "Test Panels
  4. Notice that the topology displayed in Soft Front Panels is the Configured topology in the configure menu
  5. Call "DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset" with a different topology in C.
  6. Notice that the Soft Front Panel gives a warning that the topology changed and with update to show the new topology that you configured in "DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset". 
Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(3,093 Views)

Thanks Frank!  I was looking for the topology to change in the configuration menu, so that was throwing me off.  I can verify that the call does change the topology by viewing the Test Panel, as you pointed out.  Also, it does seem that this persists when MAX is closed and a new instance is opened again.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(3,087 Views)