Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9482 counter connector P/N

Hi,

we have couple NI 9482 relay modules next to each other in a cdaq chassis and we'd like to design a simple pcb which we could snap on these series of modules. Does anyone know what is the P/N for the matching connector we can use on our PCB?

thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,918 Views)

Hello 1984,

It seems you are doing something really interesting.

As I understood you are searching part numbers for the connectors of NI-9482,

There are two types of connectors.

P/N 154928A-01       P/N  782715-01

I hope this will help you.

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,881 Views)

Thanks man but I'm actually looking for a PCB mountable counter part and not a screw terminal version. We'd like to design a PCB we can snap on a series of relay modules instead of using wires from the screw terminal to the PCB.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,878 Views)

Actually, there is an alternative, not a bad way to do that.

You can use board to board connectors

BG030 - Board to Board Connector Header 2.54mm pitch Straight (gct.co)

This is a connector type that can be used with NI-9927 terminals that are used in NI-9482.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,872 Views)

I would not recommend plugging a board with direct connectors interfacing with multiple c-series cards at the same time, the issue is that the c-series card have a degree of play in both x and y axes and tolerances.

But if your intention is to have a board that connects to only one c-series module at a time, then fine because even if the module moves, the external board can also move with it.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,839 Views)

Thx for your response. We've done thing like this, eg: we designed PCB-s for SCXI modules which had quite a bit of a play as well, so I'm not conerned about it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,828 Views)