Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Molex 52755-1760 connector for SCXI-1130

Does anyone know of a source for the Molex 52755-1760 docking station connector. It is used on several plugins. No one will sell me less than 3000 pcs. I can't get them sampled from the Molex distributors. NI doesn't sell them. How does everyone connect to these plugins if the don't use the NI breakout box, which is not usable in my set up.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,631 Views)

Hi RJT123,

I will look into whether or not we can make these available to you and other customers as an independent sellable part.  May I ask how many you are interested in as well as the time frame you would need them by?

Hopefully I'll be able to help you out!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,625 Views)
I would need a min of 2 and max of 10 pcs. My need is immediate. I have approval to purchase the SCXI-1130 and the SCXI-1000 USB mainframe and to design an interface PCB from our system to the SCXI-1130. But, I can't find the Molex connector so everything is being held up by my search for the connector. Thanx.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,622 Views)

Hi RJT123,

Immediate is not going to be possible.  Even if we decide to make the connector available as an independent part, it would still take some time to create a sellable part number and shipping kit.  A reasonable time frame could be on the order of weeks from now.

We purchase the Molex 52755 connectors from Avnet Electronics Marketing (http://www.em.avnet.com/) and TTI (http://www.ttiinc.com/page/home).  Have you checked with either of them?

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson
NI - USA  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,618 Views)
Hi RJT123,

Let me know if you are unable to find the Molex mating connectors at a decent quantity and price. 

Due to significant demand, we decided to make the connector available as an independent part.  As I said before, it will take some time to create a sellable part number and shipping kit, but I may be able to assist you if you need these connectors sooner.  I would need for you to post your contact information on this forum temporarily - perhaps a seldom-used email address - so we can communicate future details away from the public forum.

Thanks!

Chad Erickson
NI - USA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,604 Views)
Hey Chad,
    I may have found a place. Dave Jones at

NTI - The Connector People ®
420 Valley Rd
Warrington, PA 18976
800-220-1158

I am having my purchase dept. try to place an order with them. 20 pc min at $8.17 ea which isn't cheap, and not really sure about the delivery time yet. I do think it is a very good idea for NI to offer them as an accessory. I have spent way too much time on this(according to my boss). Thanx for all your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,601 Views)

Hi RJT123,

I wish I could've helped more.  Let me know if they don't come through for you.  Once the connector is available through National Instruments, I will update this forum post with information about how to order it for you or anyone else that may be interested.

Best of luck in the future!

Chad Erickson
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,596 Views)