Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PXI-2532 still available to repair in NI service team?

Hi,

I suspect there are problems on some relays of 10 PXI-2532 matrix switching modules installed in the system that we have delivered to our customer about 10 years ago. Is there a way to identify the faulty relays with NI Switch Health Center? Otherewise, do we have to do it one-by-one manually?

Is it still possible for the switching modules to be repaired in NI service team? I know PXI-2532 is a discontinued product.

YC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,684 Views)

Hi yckim, 

Typically, NI doesn't offer RMA/repair services for obsolete or discontinued products. However, we do our best to offer relay replacements for switch modules, even after this point, unless the relays are no longer available for us to purchase. It doesn't seem that this is the case for the PXI-2532, so I believe that we will still offer relay replacement services. To find out, please call 1-866-ASK-MYNI with your device's serial number (printed on the device). An RMA Coordinator can then look up the exact services still offered for your device. 

Unfortunately, the NI Switch Health Center doesn't support the PXI-2532. However, you also have the option to replace the relays yourself. This option does require manually checking each relay to find the damaged relays and it also requires desoldering/soldering the parts on the board. While this option requires more work on your end, it is typically much cheaper than sending all of the boards in for NI to perform the repairs. To test the relays, I suggest using a DMM to perform a continuity/resistance measurement for each relay, both in the open and closed postions. If you find any that relays that are stuck open, stuck closed, or have a high path resistance, then you can replace those individual relays. Here is a help document that explains what relays to purchase and how to replace them.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472A-01/switch/2532_relay_replacement/

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(5,666 Views)
Hi Mike, Which one of the several numbers on the devcie is the serial number? Is it the one with bar code? If it is, there are two different numbers on the up and down side. Otherwise, is it on the left side of the top? For your information, a number on it is 020694V-0. Regards, YC Kim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,649 Views)

The serial number is typically six alphanumeric digits. They are usually printed on the shipping bag and on the device itself, next to a bar code.

Here is a document that shows an example: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A5F093510551CC2986256D6C0054501F

*Skip down to the "NI Hardware" section and look at the example PCI card (green circuit board) in the top right corner of that section. 

Regards,

Mike Watts
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,638 Views)
The following are the serial numbers of each PXI-2532 module. 1 DE4C07 2 DE4BED 3 DF899F 4 DF899D 5 DE4BF1 6 E3707D 7 DF8993 8 DF8999 9 DF8992 10 DF897D The numbers are on white labels. Please let me know if it is still repairable. Regards, YC Kim
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,631 Views)

Hi Yckim,

Unfortunately, I cannot look up the services for you. We have a team of RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) coordinators who handle all returns, repairs, and replacements. You can call 1-866-ASK-MYNI and ask for an RMA coordinator, who will be able to look up your devices' serial numbers and give you a quote for repair. If calling in isn't an option, you can email support@ni.com and a Application Engineer can assist you with the RMA process. Best of luck!

Regards,

Mike Watts
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,622 Views)