From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including Runtimes in TestStand deployment with PXIe-2529

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm creating a deployment in TestStand 2016.  My test sequences use Switch Executive to control a PXIe-2529.  I'd like to minimize the footprint of the deployed installer and only include the runtime engines (if possible).  What are the appropriate runtime engines to choose?  My initial thought is:

1. NI-SWITCH Runtime for 16.0 for SwitchCA4 Devices
  2. NI-DAQmx Runtime 16.0

Are these correct? Is there anything extra that must be included to gain functionality of Switch Executive?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,098 Views)

Quick update: I see "NI Switch Executive 2015" in the list of available installers, so I've got that one covered now.

So I guess the real question for this thread: Is the PXIe-2529 considered a CA1/2/3 device or a CA4 device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,079 Views)

The PXIe-2529 is a CA1/2/3 device

Message 3 of 7
(7,074 Views)
Solution
Accepted by awooster

Awooster,

PXIe-2529 is considered a SwitchCA123 device. See the following KB for more information.

" NI Switch modules with these features are sometimes referred to as "CA4" devices, where modules released before 1/1/2015 are either CA1, CA2, or CA3."

This ideally should have a list of all supported devices, but you can use the NI-SWITCH Readme to find the approximate release date.You will notice that NI-SWITCH 15.1 (released in 2015) added support for the NI PXIe-2524, NI PXIe-2525, NI PXIe-2526, NI PXIe-2737, NI PXIe-2738, NI PXIe-2739, NI PXIe-2746, NI PXIe-2747, and NI PXIe-2748. These are all the CA4 modules supported at this time. 

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,073 Views)

Thanks Frank!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,044 Views)

Station that is deployed is not taking a deployment license from the NI VLM for NI SE. I suspect Switch Executive is hosed. Is there a downloadable NI SE 2015 installer??

thanks

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,748 Views)

Fixed problem. I was trying to import SE virtual devices (in MAX) at same time as MAX configuration (File->Import Configuration), received error 0x8000FFFF.

Importing virtual devices later by right click on NI Switch Executive Virtual Devices (Import) worked.

I then saw NI License Manager take a VLM license for NI SE Deployment.. success!!

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,741 Views)