From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI issue fo PXI 2532 based on VB.NET

I using PXI2532 based on VB.net programing to control the switch box.  I had posted another question ashttp://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=320&thread.id=1362 before. That isuee had solved well.

But when I transfer my program code to another PC, I met another issue. I found a error as:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public Shared Function ThrowError(ByVal handle As System.IntPtr, ByVal code As Integer) As Integer
            Dim status As Integer
            Dim size As Integer = PInvoke.GetError(handle, status, 0, Nothing)
            Dim msg As System.Text.StringBuilder = New System.Text.StringBuilder   
            If (size >= 0) Then
                msg.Capacity = size
                PInvoke.GetError(handle, status, size, msg)
            End If
            Throw New System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException(msg.ToString, code)
        End Function
    End Class
End Class

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a external exception in blue part. It says:

"Invalid resource name.    If the resource descriptor is an IVI name, it must match the entry in the IVI Configuration Store in a case sensitive manner. "

I try to run a NI exampl in VB.net http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4577.

There is a error in same code. It says

"Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.    Common errors when initializing a session:  - Mismatch between the device and topology.  - Resource descriptor is a device that is not a switch.  - Chassis not powered on."

I check this page for help:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4562.

But  I can't used none of two method to deal with this, for

I can't add "niSwitch_32.dll" as a  reference cause I used VB.net.

I can't find measurement studio , instrument driver cause I'm unable to use measurement studio.

Does anybody have idea? PLZ help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,669 Views)

PS:

the code I had meantioned is a part of niSwitch.vb.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,667 Views)

Hi C.,

Verify the resource descriptor in the program is identical to the resource descriptor in MAX.

Program Resource Descriptor:

Program Resource Descriptor 

MAX Resource Descriptor:

MAX Resource Descriptor

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 10-15-2008 08:50 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,653 Views)

What does the Measurement and Automation explorer say your switch device name is? Does it match what you're passing to the initialize function?

(edit to add: what Chad says above)

Message Edited by Srđan Zirojević on 10-15-2008 08:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,649 Views)