From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI Driversetup for 34934A

I'm trying to configure the IVI driver session for the 34934A module in the 34980.  I have it set up for a 16x32 matrix.  The text I use is "dmm=true, slot1=34934A-16x32".  this seems to work until I actually use the instrument.  The configuration in the Virtual Device looks correct, but the instrument acts like it is set up for a 2-wire measurement.  For example, when I set Column1-Row1 switch to close, it works, but when I set Column1-Row2 switch to close, then Column1-Row3 is the actual one that closes.  I cannot get the even numbered rows to switch and I cannot switch anything past Row9 (acts like it is in 2-wire mode). 

I have tried every variation of "34934A-16x32", however, I do not know how to set it to 1-wire mode.  Some docs exist that describe how to do this for other modules (e.g. slotx=34933-1W), but they don't seem to work for this.  Which makes sense to me, because if you set it up for a 16x32 rather than an 8x32, then it should automatically know it is a 1-wire setup.  It acts like the ag34980.dll file is not working correctly.

Now if I do this in LabVIEW it will work, but LabVIEW asks for the direct relay number.  The virtual deivce does not have that information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Even if I knew the delimeters for the driversetup command, I can try out different commands.  If anyone knows where I can find a list of the commands, that would be even better!

Jeff

Message 1 of 5
(5,780 Views)

Okay, finally found the source files for the 34934 driver (missed the option box during install).  Going through trying to figure out why the 16x32 doesn't work properly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,754 Views)

Trouble,

While NI forum users may be familiar with the 34934A, you might get a faster answer by contacting Keysight directly. They should be able to help you ensure your device is configured correctly for your application. Once you work with Keysight and get your device configured correctly, feel free to let us know if you have any questions about LabVIEW programming questions. We appreciate your community involvement and once you have figured out the answer to this issue, it would be wonderful if you would be willing to post it here as a solution to future NI forum visitors. 

Matt P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(5,750 Views)

yes, I understand.  I was just checking here also to see if anyone had done anything with it or had any similar issues with the 34934.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,743 Views)

Just posting the info I found.  Basically the drivers are missing the formula for the row calculation needed for the 16x32.  ((Row+1)*50 +Column)  I'm trying to get Keysight (agilent) to work on it, but not having much luck.  We will likely have one of our own guys recompile the driver for use in our equipment.

Message 5 of 5
(5,713 Views)