Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to download NI-VISA 2.5.2

Where can I find the file to download?
Message 1 of 4
(9,671 Views)
Hi,

We have a newer version (2.6) available, but if you need VISA 2.5, you can find it either at www.ni.com/downloads or at ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/visa/drivers/.

Hope this helps out,
Aaron K.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,671 Views)
Hi Aaron,
Maybe you can help me out let me explain why I am looking for it.
We had LabView 6.0.2 wrote vi.lib program sent to customer that also has 6.0.2. I the host upgraded to 6.1 made some changes to program "saved for pervious 6.0" a file is generated "warnings" (attached) I open my 6.0.2 Labview open program and I have problem with reading my serial number (QR Code Scanner) using the RSR232. Bottom line it doesn't work. I have been chasing this all week. I was told by one person to check the Visa version. Customer has 2.5.2 I have 2.6 so I was trying to go back to see if this would correct my problem. There seems to be a problem with saving serial ports to a older version. Can you help???
Sherry 😞
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,671 Views)
Hi Sherry,

I would concentrate on the VISA question. There are certain core files within LabVIEW that do not change with each new version release. These files are contained within the VI.LIB library. When attempting to save your main VI in a format compatible with a previous version of LabVIEW, your current version of LabVIEW recognizes that the copy of these VIs would be identical to the copy that is with the older version of LabVIEW. Therefore, in the interest of time and disk space, it does not save the older version. However, the reference for that VI is still there. Therefore, when you open your new VI in the old version of LabVIEW, it calls the older SubVI just as it would in the newer version. Thus, your top-level VI should function perfe
ctly in the older version of LabVIEW.

Consider checking out NI-SPY to determine what could be causing the failure. NI-SPY can give you a detailed log of everything that is happening at the driver level.

Hope this helps out!

Best Regards,
Aaron K.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,671 Views)