Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot Export any Switch Configurations in NISE even the example.

I am having difficulty with NISE 2.1.  I have tried Data directory replacement, NI repair and complete reinstall.  I cannot Export any Switch Configurations even the example.  I keep getting abnormal termination of nimxs.exe.  I have tried repair of Max 4.0 and am trying to avoid complete reinstall.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(9,607 Views)

Are you running on evaluation mode or fully licensed NISE 2.1?

What is the exact error you are getting? Where are you trying to export your NISE configuration to?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(9,590 Views)
I have a similar problem: export of a switch configuration does not work anymore. I imported a configuration from 2.0 and tried to reexport (from 2.1) it. No Problem that far. But as soon as I made some changes to the config, export stopped working: a MS VC++ Error window showed up with an error number of -2000something.... I can provide you with further details on monday.
And even more... sometimes the system even tells me, that LabVIEWs memory had been corrupted at some VIs though I'm not even running LabVIEW.

Cheers
Oli
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(9,575 Views)

Yes we are very curious to found out what is causing these problems so more details will be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(9,569 Views)

I am using a registered version of NISE 2.1.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling NISE and MAX.

The problem is still there.

The ist message is NI\MAX\nimxs.exe   abnormal program termination.

This is followed by a message nimxs.exe error... The Instruction at 0x64652ae9 Referenced Memory at 0x00000000 the memory could not be read.

This is followed by the error message  LabVIEW: an exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Node. This might have corrupted LabVIEW's memory.  Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.

vi "_niSE_Item_SSDevice 9.vi" was stopped at node 0x174 of subvi "_niSE_lvVirtualDevices_Unload.vi"

This problem has been haunting us for several months.  We could not delete any Switch Configurations we created either.

I have to start a new project but I need to be able to save my Configurations or it may all be wasted effort...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(9,566 Views)

Hi Guy, hi Pirkola,

I tried to reproduce the error number, unfortunately it does not appear anymore (the error still does!) but I took a look at my notes and they said it was an error number of -200069.

For further information, I attached the configuration file produced by MAX.

Regards

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(9,556 Views)
The problem is currently being worked on, and I will update you if I get any more information from R&D.

Thanks,
mike
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(9,507 Views)

Oli and Pirkola can we contact you directly. We would need to get several files from you in order to analyse your systems.

Thank you.

Guy Ferraro
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

Message Edited by Guy Ferraro on 04-11-2006 04:23 PM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(9,494 Views)
Yes please...

We just renewed our support for LV 8 yesterday...

Or you can just let me know which files you need and an email address...

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(9,480 Views)

Hi Guy,

I have the same problem of NISE 2.1 configuration export or HTML report.

I can't send the error code today because the problem is on the client computer on his production site but I remember to receive the same error messages.

Now my problem is that I should achive my TestStand project tomorrow and make a backup of all resources files developped on this computer.

Futhermore, I have to complete the project NISE configuration with new routes ; this job has already taken me more than 3 hours !

What should I do ? Will I have a chance to export and backup the configuration ?

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(9,347 Views)