Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guard signal of switch PXI 2532

Hi,

I plan to use PXI 2532. But until now I only know a little about it.

My questions are:

1. If I want to use guard signal from some source, the switch can only be configured as 2 wire. Correct or not?

2. My measurement is current about 10uA (5uA ~ 15uA). Is it also acceptable without guard signal? Then I can save connections.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,501 Views)

Hi AhGang,

I wanted to ask a few questions to get a full understanding of the question so that I can give better answer.

What do you mean by guard signal?

What card are you using to measure the 10UA?

Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,490 Views)
Actually it is my first project so I didn't have any card on my hand.

My plan is to use NI modular product and the investigation is ongoing.

Is there any guard concept for switch to reduce the leakage current and offset current of the matrix?

If no, then we don't have the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,477 Views)

Hi AhGang,

I believe the best thing for you would be to use 6-wire resistance measurements.  National Instruments does produce a guard card that allows for this type of measurement.  There is a great NI Developer Zone Article called “Improve Resistance Measurements with 6-wire Technique” that I would like you to take a look at.  Our guard cards can be easily paired with our Digital Multi-meters (DMM).  If you would like to do switching to measure several different signals with the guard card and DMM then just check the switch card specifications to ensure that the switch you are interested is sufficient for your application.  My suggestion to you is to call a technical representative to get assistance with purchasing your system.  They can help to ensure that the hardware specs are sufficient for your system and that the hardware works well together.  Please visit www.ni.com/contact to speak to a technical sales representative to help select the correct hardware for your application.

I hope this helps!Smiley Happy

Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,457 Views)