Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on PXIe 2575 switch closing

Hi,

I have a PXIe 2575 module. For my test setup, I need to test more than 50 signals. These signals need to connected to 24VDC, GND and to other signals as well based on test.

For that, I'm using the 1-wire 196 *1 topology. I want to check whether it is possible to turn on two switches (relays) at the same time. As in the below connection, plan is to close both ch0->com and ch1-com at the same, so that ch0 and ch1 are connected together.

Untitled.png

I thought this would work as the relays are latched type. But I'm getting an error while implementing. could anyone please help on this? Is this possible with PXIe/PXI 2575.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks & Regards

Muthu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,102 Views)

Muthu_A,

The standard behavior for a MUX is only a single connection to com should be made at any given time. If you call connect on two channels you will get an error saying essentually "You already have something connected to com".

You can use the relay control VIs to enable multiple connections simultaneously and bypass the errors..

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,083 Views)

You can use the relay api to control the individual relays, but you need to be aware of the actual hardware diagram for the 2575.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472H-01/switch/2575_hw_diagram/

Specifically, since the relays are double pole relays, it is only possible to connect half of the channels to COM+ at a time.  It is not possible to connect all channels to COM+ (looking at the diagram, it will be impossible to connect CH0 and CH95 to COM+ simultaneously - COM+ is the COM channel for the 196 channel topology).

You cannot use the channel API to connect multiple channels to COM.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,072 Views)

Thanks all for your inputs.

Luckily we had anther PXI 2575 module with us. With two modules, we are able to achieve our purpose.

Thanks again 🙂

Thanks & Regards

Muthu A

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,051 Views)