Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Switch Executive configurations.

I read the "How Do I Deploy My Switch Executive Configuration to Target Systems?"

However, I can not find the following in the help file. Where am I going wrong?
Exporting IVI Configuration
The "Switch Executive Help >> System Deployment >> Preparing a Target Computer" chapter (see link below) says that to quickly export the IVI configuration, users can copy the IVI configuration file from your deployment computer to the target computer.

thanks
Scott Youngren
Northrop/Grumman Navigation Systems
scott.youngren@ngc.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,946 Views)
The mentioned help states:

To export the IVI configuration to the target machine, copy the IVI configuration file from your deployment computer to the target computer. If you have IVI Engine 2.0 or higher, the IVI Configuration (including IVI Driver Sessions and IVI Logical Names) is saved in the IVIConfigurationStore.xml file usually located in the folder \Program Files\IVI\Data.

What you need to do to deploy the system is to make a copy of the IVI configuration file (IviConfigurationStore.xml) and put it in the IVI Data folder on the target machine AFTER you have installed switch executive there. If you are not changing any of the directories between the installations on the development and deployment machines, then this method should work just fine.

What specifically is not working for you, or what specifically would you want to have better explained?

Thank you for your feedback!

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,942 Views)
Switch Guy
Thanks for a quick response. I have just tried the Switch (demo) and it works great. I am looking ahead to deployment issues
and was trying to find the descriptions as indicted on the referenced message. (Trying to find answers before posting!)
I basically understand the concept. I just want to find it in print.
My question is finding the subject "Exporting IVI Configuration
The "Switch Executive Help >> System Deployment >> Preparing a Target Computer" chapter (see link below) says that to quickly export the IVI configuration, users can copy the IVI configuration file from your deployment computer to the target computer.

Searching the term "System Deployment" does not produce anything.
thanks
Scott
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,941 Views)
Where are you performing your search? I tried in nise.chm file, and 5 topics pop up if I search for the "System Deployment" phrase.

Let me know, please.

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,933 Views)
Switch Guy
Ok I figured it out. I was in the wrong place. I was in NI Switches Help p/n 370388B-01

I found Switch Executive Help p/n 370404A-01 and THAT'S where it is.

I'll check it out and see if I have any further questions.
Thanks
Scott Youngren
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,930 Views)