Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two 1-wire channels to a 2-Wire channel in Switch Executive

I have a custom IVI 24x16 matrix and will be using the channels in groups of 2 and 4.  I would like to connect these 2 and 4-wire signals to the AB0 and AB1 inputs of a PXI-2503 multiplexer.  In Switch Executive all the signals of my matrix are characterized as 1-wire, but the PXI-2503 multiplexer inputs are characterized as 2 and 4-wire when in those respective modes. I can't figure out how to configure these as hardwires or buses so that Switch Executive will allow me to select one endpoint as the matrix and one as the multiplexer output.

-Andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,873 Views)
Andy,

At this time, Switch Executive does not have support for creating routes that span channels with different wire modes. As a work around, you could create routes for individual legs of a route that have uniform wire mode, and then group them into route groups. This way you will lose some of the auto-routing otherwise available to you when you have uniform wire mode, but you will still have the flexibility of having named routes in your application.

I hope this helps,

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,868 Views)

Andy,

To add to Zrdan comments, I would like to suggest this Knowledge Base entry:

Can Switch Executive Connect One Row of a 2-Wire Matrix to Two Different Channels of a 1-Wire Switc...

There are a couple work arounds.

Guy Ferraro
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,861 Views)