From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in voltage on one channel affects voltage in others

Hello,

I am using PXI 1042q chasis with 8106 microcontroller. I am using PXI switch 2532 with TB 2641 and SCB264x breakout box. I have a question regarding the switch. When I change the voltage on one channel (I mean on one connection) I see glitches on other connected channels. I have attached the block diagram of my setup. Basically I am setting all the channels at some predefined voltage (lets say 500 mv) then I am changing one of the channels to ( 0 volts) as soon as I do this I see glitch on other channels. Similarly when I get back that channel to 500 mv I again see a glitch. I do not see glitches while switching, but I am seeing that while changing voltage, Which ruins the whole purpose of using switch network. I am using the anemometer to set up voltage on the sensors. Anemometer also has ac output channel which outputs the ac voltage which I am observing to look for glitches. I have followed the guidelines provided by chad regarding signal and ground wire connections. I am not sure where I made a mistake. Any suggestions in this regard would be helpful.

Thanks,

kartik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,998 Views)

Hello Kartik,

Can you quantify the glitch you are seeing, with a screenshot? Also, can you provide a screenshot of your matrix setup, I believe it could be an issue with some of the channels sharing routing lines.

Regards,

Glenn

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,966 Views)