Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 pin input to voltage measurement device switching

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a number of 100 pin cable harnesses that I need to verify voltage output on. I need to be able to select any two pins (voltage and return) and route them to a voltage input card. Unfortunately every cable is unique so I need to be able to select any possible pin pair combination. Any ideas on the mux/switch architecure to use is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,607 Views)

Sounds like a simple 1 wire matrix.  Something like the PXI-2532 configured as a 4x128 should work for you.  I would recommend using two of the column for your DMM.  That allows for more expansion than using the rows for your instruments.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(5,601 Views)

If I follow correctly each pin will go to two of the columns. So I switch one pin (high side) on column one and one pin (return side) on column two. Sounds like my thought after I did the first post of using two PXI-2569 cards would also work. Select the high pin on one card and the return pin on the other.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,598 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stratcat

@stratcat wrote:

If I follow correctly each pin will go to two of the columns. So I switch one pin (high side) on column one and one pin (return side) on column two. Sounds like my thought after I did the first post of using two PXI-2569 cards would also work. Select the high pin on one card and the return pin on the other.

Actually, I was saying 1 pin to 1 column.  Then you have a column for the DMM high side and a column for the DMM low side.  Since you have 4 rows, you can easily connect any pin to either side of the DMM while connecting another pin to the other side of the DMM through the matrix.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(5,585 Views)